Private Estate, Oxfordshire
We have refurbished and repaired this Grade II listed building, and other properties on the estate. Originally built in 1673, the main house was remodelled by Sir Charles Barry around 1850, in an Italianate style, also adding a stable block and orangeries. The gardens were designed by Lancelot Capability Brown.
Given the historic importance of the building, we have adopted the most sensitive methods possible. These have included resin timber repairs, to save original features and structural elements.
We are repairing numerous timber roof trusses and floor beams, many of which have suffered extensive rot damage and death-watch beetle infestation.
Resin splice repairs have been used to avoid the removal of ceiling finishes, cornicing and original structural elements.
- Architect: Michaelis Boyd Associates
- Interior Designer: Willie Nickerson